Apologies if this post gets your juices flowing and then lets you down. I thought that you might like to see the Panthera Leo concept mower from Husqvarna - we might be seeing something that could just be a little more 'normal' in five years time.
Billed as 'quiet, powerful and environmentally friendly' this ride-on mower is something for the future garden.
The Panthera Leo is made from recycled materials and has been developed by Husqvarna's designers and engineers as the a model of how we come to expect our mowing machines to be.
Essentially, the Husqvarna Panthera Leo is a hybrid made up of two ride-on mowers, Rider and Zero-Turn.
Its on-board batteries can be charged up at any electric socket; the machine has eliminated petrol so no need to rush off to the garage should you run out in the middle of the job.
Each suspended rotary cutting deck is fitted with its own motor which means so no draining of the power and good distribution of output across its cutting width. A cool feature is that the decks can be adjusted in from their maximum width of 120cm to 85cm suiting smaller compact lawns.
On-board sensors and displays keep the operator informed. Driving speed, batery life, cutting height and width and servicing intervals and even warns the driver if objects are too close and, get this, the machine cat even hint at the correct operating speed and cutting height - how cool is that?
Here is how Husqvarna lists the Panthera Leo features:
* Equipped with zero-emission technology
* Produced from recycled materials
* Rechargeable Lithium-phosphate battery
* Plug-in product, charged at any electrical point
* Five brushless electrical engines, easy and clean to maintain
* Three separate cutters equipped with razor sharp blades
* Cutters individually suspended to glide smoothly over bumpy terrain and prevent lawn scalping
* Variable cutting width (85-120cm)
* Zero-turn functionality
* Lifting cutting deck (90 degrees)
* Ergonomic steering wheel
* Easy to control dashboard
* Cutting time 2 hours, overnight charging
* Detailed LCD display monitor (featuring cutting height, width of cutting deck, speed, service information, steep hill warning, objects that are too close)
One day perhaps, I will be able to offer this on Lawnmowersupermarket.com.